Let’s experience the essential Hanoi attractions where you can immerse in the historic and cultural space of the city which is now more modern. Hop-on hop-off at major attractions in Hanoi including Tran Quoc Pagoda, Ho Chi Minh Complex,Temple of Literature and Museum of Ethnology, you will have a chance to discover Hanoi in a full day tour with all iconic landmarks.
The Hanoi Attractions tour includes morning and afternoon schedule, with a tasty lunch in between and ending your day with a light walking along the Old Quarter.
ITINERARY OF HANOI ATTRACTIONS
- 8:00-8:30: Pick up at your hotel. Transfer to visit following attractions.
- Ho Chi Minh Complex: Beginning your day by visiting the Uncle Ho’s resting place, completed in 1975, the complex includes Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum, the Presidential Palace, House-on-Stilts, and the Ho Chi Minh Museum. At first you enter to visit the Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum where putting Uncle Ho’s body, then having a round to look at the rest points. You will hear stories about the man who led Vietnam’s campaign for independence from French colonial and his frugal daily life. During the year the mausoleum is closed for a month for preserving and sprucing Uncle Ho up.
- The Temple of Literature: the next point of Hanoi tour is the Temple of Literature which is originally built as a temple to Confucius, this is also the site of Vietnam’s first University dating back to 1070. The whole temple lies in straight pathway so it’s quite easy for you to visit. Inside the temple are the stone steles mounted on the backs of turtles, inscribed with names of Vietnam best scholars long time ago between 1484 & 1780. The temple highlights the importance of education that Vietnamese society place in the past until now as well as Vietnamese well-preserved architecture.
After visiting these two attractions, you have lunch at traditional local Vietnamese “Pho” Restaurant. Phở or rice noodle is very popular with Hanoians, now it gradually becomes a specialty of Hanoi that you should try one time when coming to Hanoi because of its savory flavor between broth, beef or chicken, spices and noodle. All mix together creating a delicious dish that suitable for both three meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- In the afternoon, the tour continues with Museum of Ethnology which is widely acknowledged as the best in the country and has an extensive display dedicated to Vietnam’s 54 Ethnic minority peoples. As well as the comprehensive array of exhibits inside, there are also traditional tribal houses reconstructed within the ground and many traditional activities that you can take part in.
- Continue to visit Tran Quoc pagoda (means “Stabilizing the Nation”), the oldest pagoda constructed in the sixth century in the Westlake and also a famous attraction for pilgrims. Walking around Westlake before going back to your hotel. You can try Westlake ice cream or shrimp cake at Thanh Nien street which looks like a bridge split Truc Bach lake and Westlake. On the way back to hotel stopping at Dong Xuan market and walking along colorful Hang Ma (Paper Offerings) street which is also known for its tube and gable-roofed houses which are typical of Hanoi. Drop off at your hotel. Hanoi attractions tour ends about 16:00 – 16h30
- Request for Thuy Le Zoo instead of Tran Quoc pagoda is always accepted when you travelling with children.